2016 Photo Contest
Get your best photos ready for the annual Cuyahoga Valley National Park Photography Contest! The format has been changed to accept digital entries only. Entries will be accepted from Monday, October 3 to Thursday, November 3, 2016.
Awards will be presented on Thursday, November 17, 2016, at Happy Days Lodge. Light refreshments will be served at 6:30 p.m. and the Awards Program will begin at 7:00 p.m.
New in 2016: Each photographer may submit up to four photos and more than one photo may be entered in any category.
◦ Animals and Insects
◦ Plants and Flowers
◦ Black and White or Monochrome
PLEASE NOTE: All images must reflect the subject matter in a realistic way. Digital darkroom techniques may be used to optimize the image so that it still closely resembles the real scene (e.g., minor adjustments to color; contrast, or sharpness; cropping; removal of dust spots; realistic use of HDR; and black and white conversion).
Note: The judges will, at their discretion, determine whether third-place prize will be awarded, depending on number of entires and other factors.
• First place for each category: $100 gift card to Campus Camera & Imaging.
• Second place for each category: $50 gift card to Campus Camera & Imaging.
• Third place for each category: $25 gift card to Campus Camera & Imaging.
• Tim Thomas Award for Best of Show: $200 gift card to Campus Camera & Imaging.
CONTEST RULES AND REQUIREMENTS
Please read all requirements before submitting your photos.
Entries must have been photographed within
the boundaries of Cuyahoga Valley National Park. For information on park
boundaries, call or visit a park
visitor center or go to www.nps.gov/cuva/planyourvisit.
• Entries that have won in previous Cuyahoga Valley National Park photography contests are ineligible.
• A maximum of 4 entries will be accepted per photographer (more than one photo may be entered per category).
• Contest Entry Fees: Free for CVPS members. A non-refundable entry fee of $10 per photo will be charged to entrants who are not members of the Photo Society. Payments may be made by visiting the Conservancy website at www.conservancyforcvnp.org/photocontest, and choosing Experience Your Park/Photo Society. For submissions on CD to the Conservancy offices, please make checks or money orders payable to: Conservancy for CVNP. The Conservancy also accepts most major credit cards.
• Both members and non-members who pay entries fees through the Conservancy’s website may submit images via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, using “CVPS Photo Contest Submission” in the subject line.
• Photographer's name, phone number, Conservancy member number and email address must be included in the email, as well as a list of the photographs identified by contest category, file name, title and park location where shot.
• Members and non-members may submit contest photos on a CD. Download the Contest brochure with entry form here. CD should contain only contest entries, with all entries on one CD. CD, completed entry form and non-member fee must be submitted to the Conservancy offices, 1403 West Hines Hill Road, Peninsula, Ohio 44264 between Monday, October 5 and Thursday, November 5 before 4 p.m.
It is strongly suggested that all submissions be made electronically and non-member entry fees be paid using the Conservancy’s website.
• File format must be .jpg with a maximum of 1200 pixels on the longest side. EXIF (or IPTC/XMP) data must include the photographers name in the 'Author' field, and the image title in the 'Title' field. Do not include the photographer’s name, initials, or personally identifiable information in the file name. Save the jpeg using sRGB color space. Photographer’s name and titles of photographs must be printed on CD. Please retain a full-resolution copy of your photo.
• The Photo Society reserves the right to:
▪ Decline entries if any of the requirements are not met.
▪ Reclassify an entry deemed to be inappropriate for the category entered.
▪ Combine categories where there are insufficient entries.
• By submitting a photograph to the CVPS Photo Contest, you affirm that you are the photographer and that the photograph was taken within the boundaries of Cuyahoga Valley National Park.
• All digital files must be submitted to email@example.com and non-member entry fees submitted to the Conservancy website by midnight November 3, 2016. All CDs, entry forms and non-member entrance fees (if applicable) must be submitted at the Conservancy offices 1403 West Hines Hill Road, Peninsula, Ohio 44264 by 4 p.m. on Thursday, November 3, 2016.
• All CDs will be discarded after the Photo Contest is completed.
If you have questions regarding the 2016 CVPS Photo contest, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.